Sunday, May 24, 2020

Monday 25th May and Super Squirrel Shout Outs

Hello to you, my most favourite kind of Squirrel. Happy Monday, happy bank holiday Monday and (most importantly) happy half term! 

You have worked very hard this term. Home learning is not always easy, but you've all given it your best shot and I'm very proud of you. You have earned yourself a lovely break filled with your favourite things to do. I know you aren't able to go on holiday at the moment, but you can do lots of things with your family at home that can make it feel like a holiday! 

In the May half term last year (2019), I went camping in the Lake District. My favourite day of the holiday was climbing a mountain called Sca Fell. It is the second tallest mountain in England and it took about 7 hours of walking to get from the bottom to the top and back down to the bottom again. Here are two photos of Axel on the way up and at the very top. He loves climbing mountains almost as much as me! 


This half term will be different for all of us. When I am not busy planning things for you for next term, I plan to be a lot like this Squirrel below. Of course, I will be zooming with you all on Thursday and I CAN'T WAIT! I'm so looking forward to seeing your happy faces and chatting to you. 


Here are this week's marble jars. I would also like to give an extra special mention to Archiejack and Arrany for their Doodle streaks. Archiejack has a 70 day streak and Arrany has a 48 day streak. That is amazing you two! Well done! Everyone else, if you want to give them some competition, make sure you Doodle (Maths, Tables, English or Spell) every day to build up your own streak. 


Seeing how hard you are working at home makes me a very happy teacher. Here is some of your work from this week's activities: 


Archie's money work, complete with column addition

Archiejack's money work

Arrany's bear family

George's review of the Cricket World Cup, complete with an illustration inspired by David Litchfield's drawing style.

Lots of Isla's work around 'The Bear and The Piano'. She put so much hard work into it I couldn't choose just one photo! 

Mercy's review with a very important message: "Never give up, be patient and love yourself".

Teddy's painted artwork in the style of David Litchfield

Theo's review of 'The Beast of Buckingham Palace'. I think I'm going to order a copy now so I can read it! 
Adult Squirrels: Over half term Miss Nash and I will send out information about how things will work from 1st June, when some children return to school. Blogs will now be slightly different. We will ensure that the work that happens at school is also set for the children at home. More details to follow!

Have the happiest of half terms Squirrels and I will see you all on Thursday (Zoom details to be sent out nearer the time). 
Love from Miss Cartwright 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 10th December

  Hello Squirrels, The classroom is now looking very Christmassy and the excitement levels have been taken to a whole new level. That said, ...