Thursday, May 21, 2020

Friday 22nd May

Good day to you Squirrels and happy Friday!

Did you know I have only just realised something very important? Half term starts today, hooray! These past 5 weeks have whizzed by quite quickly for me! You have all earned some time to rest and relax. Of course, we can't go on holiday during this time. However, here are some holiday-ish things you can do:

  • Have a picnic in your garden
  • Camp out in your garden in a tent
  • Explore a new park or walking or cycling route in your local area 
  • Send a postcard to a friend or family member 
  • Pack a suitcase as if you are going on holiday and move into another room in your house for the day 
  • Have a movie marathon day 

I have important things to tell you today my dears:


  • Friday means music with Mrs McKee:
    The lesson is here and the singalong here. 
  • It also means Forest School Friday with Miss Swain (see below)
  • My friend who lives in London sent me these pictures of a snowy white squirrel near her flat. Isn't it amazing? I've never seen a white squirrel before. It must be very good at camouflaging when it snows... 
 

I also have a funny story to tell you Squirrels. It is the story of 'The Escaping Sheep'. 

Once there was a ewe (female sheep) who lived in the grass field next to my house. Unfortunately, the ewe decided the grass looked greener on the other side of the fence, so she sneakily escaped and began to munch. We realised she had escaped and herded her back into her field to be with the rest of the flock. She stayed there happily overnight. 

Unfortunately, the next morning the ewe decided she'd like some juicy, green grass from the other side of the fence. Sneakily she escaped and began to munch. I was halfway through eating my breakfast when we realised the pesky ewe had escaped again. I abandoned my breakfast to herd the ewe back into her field again. We fixed what we thought was the ewe's escape route and all was well... 

Until the ewe thought decided she'd like some juicy, green grass from the other side of the fence. Sneakily she escaped and began to munch. I was halfway through eating my lunch when we realised the pesky ewe had escaped again. I abandoned my lunch to herd the ewe back into her field again. We built a barrier in front of another possible escape route. 

All was well until... can you guess the rest? I was in the middle of answering your emails when there was a knock on the door. A kind stranger had herded the ewe back from the road, where she was munching some juicy cow parsley. I abandoned my emails to herd the ewe back into her field again. I sternly told the ewe to "stay in your field" and came back inside to write this blog. I am very much hoping that pesky ewe uses her wisdom and stays in her field!

I had better finish writing this blog quickly in case that pesky ewe escapes again! Here are some activities: 







Have a happy and restful half term Squirrels. I hope you are able to do some of the things that make you happiest. I also hope I don't spend all of my half term chasing that pesky ewe! 

There won't be any blog activities next week, but you are welcome to go back through old blogs and find activities you haven't tried yet. I will still post a Super Squirrels Shout Out on Monday. Bye for now!
Love from Miss Cartwright 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 10th December

  Hello Squirrels, The classroom is now looking very Christmassy and the excitement levels have been taken to a whole new level. That said, ...