Thursday, February 11, 2021

Friday 12th February

          "Chick chick chick chick chicken... lay a little egg for me"       

                               Fabulous Friday 12th February                                                             

Hello Chickens (Squirrels),

(This picture reminds me of all of you at forest school)

A little virtual Forest School for you this week here.

I am very pleased to inform you that we (as a school) have achieved our bronze certificate from the RSPB for the wild challenges you have been doing at home. As soon as we receive the certificate I shall put it on the blog. In the meantime, give yourselves a pat on the back. A big well done from me!  

Today is the last day before half term. I do hope you have had a good 'no pens week' and that you are looking forward to a bit of a rest from all the home learning that you have been doing so well.

Well done to those of you that embraced the elements last week and went out to do your forest school session. Some great tree measuring and comparing and also some great nest spotting. 

I went for a walk on Saturday and found plenty of nests high up in some tall oak trees. I also heard a very noisy woodpecker hammering on the tree trunk which was quite lovely. Up above me, two Red Kites circled and I also recognised the song of a great tit - here is a reminder of the great tit bird song.

Although it has been a bitterly cold week I have been thinking ahead to spring... I have been thinking about the pond and how lots of you enjoy pond dipping. I am hoping to make it even better for when you return to school such as adding plants that provide oxygen which will hopefully help us discover more pond insects by creating a thriving ecosystem. 

Of course, the other very exciting bit of recent news is the soon to arrive chicks. This is where your help comes in Squirrels - together we need to learn how to look after chickens. Please have a look at the link as you will find some helpful information on it. 

Love Miss Swain and Daphne

Music with Mrs McKee

Friday Singalong











You have all worked so hard this term Squirrels (children and adults!). Thank you for having a brilliant attitude and doing your best every day, even when the going got tough. You all deserve a well earned break. 

In case you get to the middle of half term and feel a little bit bored, here are some ideas for screen-free home learning. 

Enjoy your well deserved rest Squirrels and I can't wait to catch up with you after half term!
Love from Miss Cartwright 

1 comment:

Friday 10th December

  Hello Squirrels, The classroom is now looking very Christmassy and the excitement levels have been taken to a whole new level. That said, ...