Sunday, May 17, 2020

Monday 18th May and Super Squirrel Shout Outs

Hello to you Squirrels. I hope you had a good weekend. Are you feeling ready for another week of home learning? I have heard from the weather app on my phone that it is supposed to be warm and sunshine-y this week, which I am very much looking forward to. Sunshine makes me feel like this:

 

I had a bit of a sad day on Saturday. My big sister should have had her wedding day but it had to be postponed. I should have been her bridesmaid and we should have celebrated with lots of friends and family. I am telling you this because it's important to know that everyone has sad days now and again. It's okay to feel sad sometimes. The most important thing is that you do things to cheer yourself up. This is what I did:
  • I had chats with my friends and family
  • I baked a delicious millionaire's salted caramel flapjack
  • I went for a sunny dog walk
  • I also did some cloud bathing in my garden whilst listening to music that makes me feel happy.
Do you remember doing cloud bathing at forest school? My cloud bathing was going well until Axel decided to sit on me! So then I had a cuddle with Axel which also cheered me up. Here is a picture of Axel cloud bathing from earlier on in the week.


Now, something that makes me a very happy teacher is your marble jars. Just look at how many of you have 18/18 marbles! I'm super proud of all of you for working so hard on your home learning. 


Here is some of your work from this week: 


Given's map of the Isle of Blowyernose

Amy's 'Dig for Victory' veggie plot plan (yum!)

Arrany's poster of Florence Nightingale, plus her illustration of her as 'The Lady with the Lamp'.

Henry W's 3D map of the Isle of Blowyernose

Indy's map and key of the Isle of Blowyernose 

Taylor's nonsense poem and dragon illustration

Isla's nonsense poem called 'The Grumpy Golfer'

Morgan's nonsense poem (the first two lines reminded me of Michael Rosen's poem 'Don't')

Stevie's not so nonsense poem about our favourite buzzy creature

Teddy's map of the Isle of Blowyernose that he cleverly tea stained to make look old 







 Vincent's materials hunting 


And so we go to this weeks' compulsory marble activities. Did you guess the story? It's my very favourite... The Bear and The Piano by David Litchfield! 


You can watch a reading of the story here. I always think you should listen to a really beautiful piece of piano music when thinking about The Bear and The Piano. I recommend The River Flows in You by Yiruma, a favourite of Miss Nash, Henry H and I. We often listen to this when we are writing in the classroom. Close your eyes and listen quietly; how does this music make you feel? 

Here are today's activities: 

 Year 1 can refer to Maths No Problem parent guides Chapter 17
Year 2 can refer to Maths No Problem parent guides Chapter 10



I hope you enjoy this week's marble tasks. As always, please send them to me by Saturday. You are also welcome to email me each task as you complete it during the week, if you prefer. 

Have a happy Monday Squirrels, 
Love from Miss Cartwright 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 10th December

  Hello Squirrels, The classroom is now looking very Christmassy and the excitement levels have been taken to a whole new level. That said, ...