Sunday, April 26, 2020

Monday 27th April and Super Squirrel Shout Outs

Good morning to you happy Squirrels! I hope you had a lovely weekend. Monday is here again which means two things: 

(1) Super Squirrel shout outs. 
(2) New marble jar blog activities for you.

Friday was a very busy day for me as lots of you emailed me with all of your hard work from the week. Lots of you sent in pictures with your happy, smiling faces in and that made me very happy and smiley too. I am hugely proud of how you are choosing to approach your home learning Squirrels. I see a lot of wisdom, compassion and endurance in the things you send me. 

Without further ado, here are this week's marble jars. Remember, you can always email me to see what tasks have been missed and catch up on extra marbles. 

Here are some pictures of the work you've sent me this week. Remember, I can't show every piece of work you send me, so if it isn't you this week... it could be you next week! 

 
Archie M's story and Bruce's learning about Italy

 

Callie's instructions on how to make a wooden dog, Henry H's poster on Japan and Indy's poster on Australia 

 

Henry W's instructions, Archiejack's 3D shape finger skate park and Isla's 3D shape hunting

 

Millie's birthday card for Captain Tom, Arrany's model of the Eiffel Tower and Taylor's 2D shape patterns

Here are this week's compulsory marble activities. I have decided to base this week's tasks on one of my favourite books to read in class: George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl. Do you remember reading it as a class in the Autumn term? 

Adult Squirrels: You may find the Maths No Problem Parent Guides useful to help your child with volume and capacity vocabulary. Year 1 see textbook 1B chapter18 and Year 2 see textbook 2B chapter 15.




In case you're feeling inspired now to read this magnificent story again and don't have the book at home, here is an audiobook version with text. 

Lastly, here is a non-compulsory activity that you may want to try. It is George's Marvellous Medicine themed of course! 


Please send this week's compulsory activities into me by Saturday 2nd May. 

Have a great week Squirrels and happy mixing!
Love from Miss Cartwright 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 10th December

  Hello Squirrels, The classroom is now looking very Christmassy and the excitement levels have been taken to a whole new level. That said, ...