Thursday, March 4, 2021

Friday 5th March Forest School

"Hello to you all and welcome to the last Friday of home learning."

I hope you enjoyed the magnificent sunshine last weekend. I really enjoyed walking outdoors without wearing a coat and feeling the warmth of the sunshine on my face. Everywhere looked so shiny and bright too. Fingers crossed that there is more sunshine on the way.

As you all know, this is our last week of home learning before we all return to school. I am very excited and looking forward to seeing you all very much! 

I have one final surprise for you all... You may remember I mentioned the sponsored walk a while ago. You all completed the walk way back in October 2020. I am delighted to show you pictures (see virtual forest school for pictures) of what the money has been used for at Forest School. As soon as we are back at school we will be able to use it. How exciting! 

                           
I am feeling very colourful as you may be able to tell from the coloured text. I think it is the excitement of returning to school although I am feeling a little worried about everything that I need to do and remember as it has been a while since I was last there. I'm sure we can all help each other... 

Thank you to those of you that have already sent in your suggestions. Here is a list of the suggestions so far. If you need help with some ideas, click here


Here is a reminder of forest school activities you can choose to do at home

Learn parts of a bird

How to make a paper robin

How to make a paper sparrow


Edible pictures

Make a bug pot

Bark rubbing 

Magic wand

Binoculars

Bird identification sheet

Pinecone weather gauge

How to make a barometer

                               
Finally, as promised... Click here for a chick update (apologies for the angle of the video)

  See you all next week!
  

Love from Miss Swain and Daphne
  







Finally, I need to say a HUGE well done and a thank you to you all for working so hard during lockdown 3.0. 

Home learning is not easy but you haven't given up. You've shown a lot of wisdom, compassion and endurance during this time and I think you've all been marvellous. Let's keep all our fingers and toes crossed that this is the last lot of home learning we ever have to do!

I can't wait to see you on Monday Squirrels! 

Remember that although you've not been in the classroom for a while, nothing has changed. It will still be as you remember it and we will still do all our usual Squirrel-y things. There will be lots of smiles and jokes and outside learning and happiness to be back. I can't wait to see you all!

Love from Miss Cartwright 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 10th December

  Hello Squirrels, The classroom is now looking very Christmassy and the excitement levels have been taken to a whole new level. That said, ...